Code of Conduct
The Amberwood is a public facility. Everyone is welcome to enjoy the golf course, pool, and pickle ball courts and restaurant. The following standard of conduct is expected in all interactions with fellow players, members, Board members and staff.
Everyone is expected to demonstrate respectful, civil and courteous behaviour while enjoying the amenities of Amberwood.
All members, visitors, staff and Board members are expected to conduct themselves in a manner that:
- Creates an environment reflective of the personal integrity and respect taught in the rules of golf that assume we are capable of enforcing rules upon ourselves with honesty, integrity and good sportsmanship. This same spirit is expected whether on the golf course, at the swimming pool, on the pickleball courts, in the member games rooms, or on all premises of the Club.
- Acknowledges Amberwood as a family friendly environment and, therefore, refrains from behavior inappropriate for children and good taste.
- Observes proper etiquette on and off the course; in and around the pool, courts and club house.
- Demonstrates respect and dignity to fellow members, staff and visitors.
- Does not damage the character, integrity, good will, or property of Amberwood, its staff, members or guests.
- Does not trespass on residential property bordering the course.
- Adheres to ALL club rules that address
- Sign in procedures in the Pro Shop
- Rental and safe operation of carts
- Guidelines concerning the areas on which carts are not allowed off the paths (greens and fringe)
- Use and proper care of putting green
- Use of swimming pool area and obeying lifeguard direction
- Use of pickleball courts and equipment provided by the Club
- Respecting and maintaining the physical appearance of Amberwood
- Reports real or perceived safety hazards to staff and/or club General Manager.
- Makes suggestions and/or directives to the club General Manager regarding the operation of the club through the Board.
- Does not denigrate, talk down to, raise their voice to staff members, club members or members of the public.
- Any suggestions or complaints concerning the operation of Amberwood, the attitude or conduct of staff, members or guests should advise the General Manager.
Golf Dress Code
- Golf shirt or tshirt must be worn at all times
- Walking shorts, pants, skirts or short
- Golf spikes/soft spikes or flat-soled running shoes – no cleats please
- Golf sandals are permitted
Pickleball Dress Code
- non marking shoes
- appropriate attire must be worn at all times
Swimming Pool Dress Code
- All bathers must wear a swimsuit at all times
- Babies in diapers must wear swim diapers
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our website?
When making a reservation or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you place a reservation or enter information on our site for email correspondence.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you:
- To register you as a member of Amberwood
- To quickly process any of your transactions or requests.
- To send periodic emails and monthly newsletters regarding your request or other products, services & promotions as related to Amberwood business.
- To reach out to you for surveys and input to decisions as it relates to the Amberwood business
How do we protect your information?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security gaps and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since each browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way until jt modify your cookies.
If you turn cookies off, some features will be disabled. It won’t affect your experience on our site but some may not function properly.
We do not sell, trade, or opherwise to outside parties your personal information.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website or in our communications with our members. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and communications and welcome any feedback about these sites and communications.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions,
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred,
- Process orders or reservations and to send information and updates pertaining to your order/reservation.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at [email protected] or follow the instructions at the bottom of each email. We will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
54 Springbrook, Stittsville, ON K2S 1B9